In case you don’t have a Girl Scout, or were never a Girl Scout yourself, here is the law:
“I will do my best to be honest and fair, friendly and helpful, considerate and caring, courageous and strong, and responsible for what I say and do, and to respect myself and others, respect authority, use resources wisely, make the world a better place, and be a sister to every Girl Scout.”
Kaitlyn picked the line “Make the World a Better Place,” and related it to the parable of the Good Samaritan. She says a great way to make the world a better place is to help other people, even if they are not like you. I agree! Great thinking, Kaitlyn.
Another step to earning this reward is picking three inspirational quotes by women that you feel relate to the part of the Girl Scout Law, and put them where you can see them every day.
I worked with Kaitlyn to find some different quotes, and these are the three she ended up picking to write down and laminate to put in the front of her school notebook:
- “One man can make a difference and every man should try.” Jackie Kennedy
- “Carry out a random act of kindness, with no expectation of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you.” Princess Diana
- “You have two hands: one for helping yourself; the other for helping others.” Audrey Hepburn
Here are some other quotes we read and liked:
- “How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world.” Anne Frank
- “Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember: you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.” Harriett Tubman
- “I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something. I will not refuse to do something I can do.” Helen Keller
- “Do not wait for leaders; do it alone, person to person.” Mother Teresa
- “Never believe that a few caring people can’t change the world. For, indeed, that’s all who ever have.” Margaret Mead
Do you have a inspirational quote by a woman that relates to “Make the World a Better Place”? Please share below! We love quotes.